Welsh Beef Steak with Leek, Tomato and Chilli Jam
£VariousBuy some Now
- Cook steak on a hot preheated griddle plate, frying pan or grill for: Sirloin, rump or rib eye 2-3cm (¾-1¼
- Allow steak to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Heat oil in pan and add leeks, onion, garlic and chillies. Cook until starting to soften. Add tomatoes, sugar and vinegar,
- Cook jam for about 10-15 minutes until starting to reduce and becomes a little sticky.
- Serve steak with chilli jam and crispy fried leeks.
- 2 thick rump Welsh Beef steaks
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g (4oz) Demerara sugar
- 45ml (3tbsp) red wine vinegar