Oriental style Sirloin Steaks served with a mixed vegetable and noodle stirfry.
£VariousBuy some Now
- Mix together onion, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, Chinese wine, mustard and sesame oil. Add beef steaks and mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to let the flavours infuse.
- Drain steaks and cook on a preheated grill for: Rare - 5 minutes, Medium - 8 minutes, Well done - 12 minutes.
- Slice beef steaks and serve with mixed vegetable and noodle stirfry. Add some of the remaining marinade, but ensure the sauce is thoroughly boiled prior to serving.
- 450g (1lb) lean beef sirloin or rump steaks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30ml (2tbsp) dark brown sugar
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 15ml (1tbsp) Chinese cooking wine or sherry
- 5ml (1tsp) mustard
- 15ml (1tbsp) sesame oil