Edwards of Conwy is a traditional Welsh, British and European award winning Master Butcher and Sausage and Pie maker located in the historic and beautiful World Heritage town of Conwy, North Wales.
Ieuan Edwards, a farmer’s son from the Conwy valley, served his apprenticeship in the market town of Llanrwst, before successfully completing courses in both Switzerland and Holland. He opened his butchers shop at the tender age of 20 and now employs over 45 staff.
In 2004 Ieuan founded another award winning food company ‘The Traditional Welsh Sausage Co. Ltd’, specialising in supplying major UK supermarkets, Export and Foodservice.
His success is built on a commitment to provide you with the highest quality, extra mature Welsh meat.
One of the awards we are most proud of is our Q Guild Award.
The “Q” Guild is an exclusive group of craftsmen butchers working very closely with their farmers to produce meat and products that are superior in quality and taste.
The “Q” Guild certificates are only awarded to butchers who pass the regular and rigorous inspections of their premises, working practises, whose hygiene arrangements are excellent, who offer a professional service and whose main concern is customer satisfaction.
We have consistently achieved this prestigious award for over 20 years and Ieuan Edwards was also a director of the “Q” Guild during the early and formative years.
In 2005 our founder Ieuan Edwards was awarded the coveted and highly prestigious True Taste of Wales Ambassador Award 2005/2006 in recognition of his commitment and service to the food industry.
We are also winners of numerous other awards, including:
- 2007 – 17 Gold Awards at the North & South Wales Counties Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Meat Products
- True Taste Meat producers Beef Fillet (Winner) Gold
- 2008 True Taste Speciality Product – Huntsman Pie Winner Gold Award
- 2009 True Taste Meat Category Pork & Chilli Sausages Silver
- 2010 – 15 Gold Awards at the North & South Wales Counties Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Meat Products
- 2011 True Taste Retailer of the year (Butchers) Winner Gold
- 2011 Great Taste Awards 2 Star Gold Gourmet Steak Burger
- 2011 – 15 Gold Awards at the North & South Wales Counties Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Meat Products
- 2012 Great Taste Awards – Huntsman Pie 2 Star Gold – Pork Pie 2 Star Gold – Extra Mature Welsh Beef Fillet 1 Star Gold – Traditional Sausage 1 Star Gold – Dry Cured Bacon 1 Star Gold
- 2012 -13 Gold Awards at the North & South Wales Counties Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Meat Products
- 2012/13 True Taste Best butcher in Wales Winner Gold Award
To name but a few!
Our Staff: Our Strength!
Our dedicated team of highly qualified and skilled staff are the key to our success.
Our General shop manager, Dave Malloy, has been with the shop from the beginning, providing over 30 years of dedication to both the business and its customers. He is in charge of product development, meat preparation, team supervision and ensuring that our high standards are always maintained.
Another team member is our Assistant Manager Neil Hughes. Neil is in charge of all internet sales and will quite possibly be the person to cut your order! Neil has been part of the team for over 25 years.
The shop is looked after by a committed team of people who really care about our company and its customers; directed by assistant manager Terry Elliott, senior supervisor Tania Philips and assistant supervisor Nicky Williams, who together, ensure that our shop customers are well cared for. These three members alone have been with Edwards of Conwy for the combined equivalent of nearly 60 years!
Our Bakery Team have won major national awards for their pies and bakery products, including Great Taste 2 star gold awards.
We also employ qualified chefs who work alongside our butchers to develop new ideas and recipes.
All of our meat and sausages are prepared by qualified and experienced time served butchers, overseen by Ieuan himself.